Friday, December 21, 2018

                           Christmas Present


I recently received an email from a friend who was overweight, probably technically obese:


"At the beginning of the year, I was overweight, I was feeling bad ,I knew I had to do something . even though i was doing excercise , my blood pressure remained high and my glucose level was out of normal range,  I was struggling to loose weight.
I read your blogs taking about your son John, losing weight with fasting, so i kept reading all your blogs about health and diet. 

This is what i did :

I changed my diet, I incorporated more vegetables, cut back on sugar and carbs, no sodas, I started reading more about
fasting and prediabetes, so i started doing intermitent fasting, excercising regurlarly, since i have my electric bike, makes it more easy to do it. 

these are my results :

In the last 4 months  I have lost almost 30 pounds, my blood pressure is back to normal (120/80) and my glucose levels in normal range .
I have 20 more to go. 
I read in many articles that fasting can put your body into self healing and self repair, my biggest miracle that i experienced  is the partial recovery of  hearing on my left ear, 
it has been dead for the last 6 years, now i can hear better, perhaps 50 % ."


Recovery of hearing may surprise many people but this is not unusual for someone who is eating a terrible diet and corrects to healthy food. Microvascular disease is the result of poor blood vessel health and capillaries constantly clogged with fat globules. If blood is drawn after a high animal fat meal, and it is centrifuged to measure the hematocrit, the naked eye can see a big clump of fat on top of the red cells. The effect in capillaries can be seen with a microscope in living animals and people. Red cells clump together and blood flow slows to a small fraction of normal, depriving tissues of oxygen and other nutrients. Common effects include vision loss, hearing loss, vertigo, and impotence which can be permanent after a while.

I'm not into gifts for myself, Christmas presents included, but this email was one I really liked.

Happy Holidays to all and Mele Kalikimaka from Deb and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment